Thursday, July 5, 2007


Here's an example of a painting that went wrong and me trying to make it right in my mind. The top picture shows the first version of this painting. I liked the rutabagas, but somehow I tightened up when doing the fabric and ended up fussing over the pattern and getting too detailed. I didn't like it at all, so I tried smearing the pattern around so it wouldn't stand out as much, but I still didn't like it.

I ended up scraping it off and repainting the whole thing. I like the final painting much better. I hate it when a painting doesn't go smoothly, but it usually does end up better in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment